Coursework:
I have chosen Brief 3: NuTune Records
For my coursework I have chosen to do the following tasks: Print and E-Media.
The first task I have chosen to do is the print one. During this brief I will be ask to make three pages worth of promotional materials to promote the release of the bands debut album as well as their tour that they are set to be doing in the future.
I have chosen to do this brief because I think it is one that will benefit what I want to do in the future. I want to work with tours, and bands and this would be a way I would like to work with them - i.e. by creating posters, and promoting the band themselves. It is something I have in mind, which I may want to do when I'm a little bit older. So I have chosen this brief as I think it may help me in the long run. I have already started planning what I am going to do with this brief; I have chosen a style of a band to base my work on - this being one of which is more individual and different from others. What I am going to try and do with my work is to make it stand out, and look a bit different. I think I am going with the genre of Pop/Rock/Indie - this allows me to have some room to play around with different ideas of what the band, or artist I chose is going to have to wear. By selecting a wider range of genres of which the act comes into it allows me to be more free with my ideas - this allows me to express myself a little bit more. I have chosen pop/rock/indie because this is the main kind of music I listen to. This then allows me to be more familar of what the act I chose should dress like, look like and style like. I am going to base my ray of ideas onto this project, and try and style it with the genre I chose as best as I can. I am going to base my work's target audience on mainly 16-24 years old. I believe that this is a good target audience as it is of which age I myself am in. I know what people in this target audience listen to, and like. Being in this tagret audience allows me to think what people of my age would actually like to see promoted out to the world. I defiantely know the theme I am going to try and follow throughout the three different things that I am going to do; and it's going to try and follow the genre of music of mostly indie/pop/rock. I have based my ideas upon another band, as I think what they are trying to do with the work they produce works well for them. They are very unique and unlike any other band I've ever seen before, in the way that they try to promote themselves. I like the custom idea of basing my band on a band of which is more different, one that stands out from the crowd with the colours and schemes they try to follow through with every nook and cranny of the work they produce.
The E-media task I think is going to be quite consistant to the print one, or try to be. I am going to follow the idea of making it look more unique, so it stands out against everything else. I am going to try and follow a certain colour scheme throughout my print and e-media so that it looks well together. My idea for the website right at this moment is to keep it clean-cut, and precise - this making every sentence to the point. It will be there to inform new fans about the work, yet also allow the older fans to know about up-coming events for the band, and so fourth. I think I may go with the colour scheme of black for the background, and white for the text; although this may change while doing the actual coursework itself - but right at this moment that is my essential idea. I hope to have quite a bit of text on my different webpages; allowing me to explain about the actual artist. I am going to try and make my page follow a certain theme - every page being consist to the last. I believe that I am going to use dreamweaver to make the website; as I have used this web-making system before so am some-what famailar with it. I like the idea of keeping my website some-what simple, so people can understand where the links are, and ect. I will try different ideas, and see how it works out while doing the courswork. I have already started to focus on what I'm doing with the website, and I have already have got some ideas of what I am going to try and do with the website. At this precise moment in time I am thinking to do a main page mainly focusing on the actual artist themselves, one focusing more on the tours etc. and the final page explaing more about the past of the actual artist (like background information). I think if I set it out like this it allows me to express more text over the band, and so fourth. It gives me more room to explain as much as I can to old fans, and newer fans of this artists of whom I am trying to give out to the music fans. I think by my ideas of trying to be quite expressive with the colours of the web-page will make an impact as everything is hopefully going to be consistant throughout the different print products I do, and the E-media task.
No comments:
Post a Comment