Music
Logo Research
The Nivarna
band logo is quite creative and quirky and is easily recognisable. I like this
logo because it is different from any of the other one’s I have seen while
researching. The yellow and black contrast works together well and it shows a
funny-side to the band. It is effective because it shows the band is different
and unique to any others, the cross-eyes on the cross show how the band are
crazy jumbled up with them playing the music, and also just in the mess of the
show business. The squiggly smile with the tongue out shows that the band have
humour, as this is what they've used to represent themselves with.
I also
really admire Michael Jackson’s logo, it’s simple as it is easily recognisable
to probably everybody around the world. I like this logo because it is just
generally his signature dance move, of when he goes up on his toes. I think
this logo is really creative and generally it’s just unique for a single solo
singer. It represents him as a person, and uses his signature dance moves to
represent it so. The contrast between black and white also looks quite good as
it is just simple colours, as well as one of his songs “Black or White”. I like
how this is also featured into the logo; and I think the way that it is incorporated
is quite special; as it was one of his number one hits for a few weeks period.
I think that using that contrast, and him himself as the logo is creative – and
it makes the logo quite effective as a whole; it is remember able and unique.
The band Wheatus’s
band logo is quite effective because the colour-coding of it makes it remember
able. By seeing this from when I was little I’ve since remembered the logo
being the yellow, red and green-blue colour. The design is different and shows
the band has a little edge to them, so they’re a bit different by music i.e.
pop/rock. The name of the band featured on the logo in more bubble writing
shows that the band are quite quirky as a lot of people just use standard block
writing. The colour-coding stands out well, and makes a whole lot of difference
as if it was black-white and red, the band logo would just look plainer and
quite boring. The yellow and green-blue also stands out because it looks like a
board game, so by this feature being added it could show you the music is fun
to listen to, but also they just see the whole band-music production features
all just like a fun game that they play, and love doing.
The
blink-182 logo is very unique, and it one of the one’s that I’ve came across
which has really stood out to me. I firstly like the colour contrast between
the blue and the pink, as I think the colour-coding suits each other quite
well. I also like the logo, it is like Nirvana’s but slightly different because
they’ve just used a plain smiley face without a tongue, and I like the
interesting arrows coming off the circle to maybe show different routes they’ve
haven to take to make sure that the band ‘Blink-182’ worked. I like arrow
features quite a lot because they are simply done, but could show a lot of
meanings behind each one. The arrows could comprehend how many different ways
the bands genre was going, or it could represent the way they’ve chosen to go
with the band. I think the arrows are quite effective because they are
interesting, and could show many routes the band could have took to be the band
‘Blink-182’.
I don’t
really like the ‘MUSE logo very much as I think it looks quite plain and
doesn’t really stand out for the band. The colours are quite boring and they
don’t stand out together. The log reminds me of a newspaper-kind of setting,
which could maybe indicate that they are older than some of the younger acts in
the chart now. I don’t really like this logo because I don’t think it really
stands out for younger people to look at. The logo isn’t very unique as it just
has ‘MUSE’ and two lines either side which are opposite each other. The logo is
one that people might just look at, and then look away from. It isn’t very
effective because it doesn’t catch people’s attention – the colours are boring,
and the band name ‘MUSE’ is not the best one I’ve ever come across. The logo is
pretty plain and doesn’t give anything away about the band. I don’t believe it
is very effective as it doesn’t have anything which stands out to look at from
it, the basic colours and basic shapes, and also the basic name doesn’t scream
out anything which makes it effective to all different kinds of audiences – it
is probably based on a more older audience, but the logo is quite plain and
boring so wouldn’t scream out for any younger audiences.
3
Nu-Tunes Images:
I have made
3 different logos for Nu-Tunes Records for one of the research tasks. I believe
some of the ones I have made portray a good amount of features, and some of the
others not so much.
The first
Nu-Tunes Records logo I made was this one. I both like and dislike this logo. I
like it because it portrays a bubbly youthful colour. The colours both contrast
well against each other and it is bold. The logo looks quite professional but
at the same time it also looks a bit plain as nothing stands out and it is just
the word itself. I kind of like this logo but the colours also portray to a
more audience of a boy because of the blue’s and the black’s stereo typically. I
may use this logo but it is one that I myself am a bit iffy about on using as
it doesn't display anything except for it being vibrant and youthful.
The second
logo I made was this red and black Nu-Tunes logo. I like this logo a bit more
than the first one because the colours and more neutral on the edge of which
sex the band is aiming more to go out too. The red and the black work very well
together and go in with the theme of the band being a bit edgy for what I am thinking to do for my
Nu-Tunes Record label for the band or singer that I use for it. I like the
statement of the under-line under the word itself as I think it gives the
production a more of a professional look as if it was a statement piece. I like
the boldness of the lettering, and I like the colours. It fits in with the
theme of which I am thinking for my coursework at the moment; and it just makes
the word itself more a statement piece.
I really like this logo as it suits the target audience and works
towards both sexes as the colours are set out more between one gender, than the
other. The only bad feature of which I can think of about this logo is that the
lettering could be a little more professionally done as it looks more like
bubble-writing. I overall quite like it though, as it does look quite youthful;
and suits the younger audience of 10-20 year old's.
The third
logo I have made is this one. I do like this logo and the effect used at the
side as I believe this makes the logo look quite professional. The logo font is
always quite nice and bold as it stands out. The pink works well against the
white as these are two colours of which work well together. The only problem I
can really see with this logo is that the colour is more edged towards the
female gender than being for both. I could maybe work with this and make the
audience based more towards this; but the logo itself does look more effective
and stands out. The colours are vibrant and youthful looking, and suit the
audience of 10-20 year olds. The pink stands out very well and catches your eye
as seeing pink on a logo isn't something you normally see. I do like this logo,
and I am thinking to either use this or the second one at the moment; as both
fit more of the purpose of standing out against others and also making a
statement about the artist themselves. I like how this logo is different, and
it is very unique to any I've saw before.
Production
Companies:
For my
research task I have been asked to research a production company. As I have
chosen the music brief to research about I chose to go on the Sony BMG website.
This website illustrates to the audience what the company provides. It includes
links for “featured artists”, “careers”, “facts and figures”, and “executives”,
“international”, “news”, and “contact us”. All of these links allow the audience
to find out more information about the music company, and they give off each
individual links about different parts of information, and where the company
runs around the world.
I believe
the target audience for SONY is based more on a typical younger adult audience.
I think this because the main music artists are typically younger, and are
based on a younger audience, an example of this is someone like “Miley Cyrus”.
The audience
is addressed quite formally and quite professionally. The information given off
is typically to give the audience more information on what they company does.
Everything written is basically to inform the audience about the company’s
content. The audience reading from this website are properly people more
associated with wanting to be musicians in the music industry, or other people
who work more within the media industry. The audience addressed from this text
are people who typically more are interested on what the music and media
industry wants to offer them, the website has used this to an advantage and
created the audience to give the information to, based on this.
The audience
is identified specifically by the text that is used. It is formal and tells the
user all about the production of the website, what they do, and what is
involved from the production team. I would say that the text is written mostly
at young adults; the way it is written simply pronounces the text at an adult
audience, but focuses more on the younger end of the scale, as these are the
kind of new generation of which they want to get involved with; they want the
new generation which knows about the more “now” music business to get involved,
and to be part of the team. It focuses
more on this age-group because it is the new generation of people who like
listening to music, who know about the wide range of audience involved with
music followings.
The SONY
music website is clearly made quite professionally. The way it is skilfully
structured shows that it is made for quite modern. The colour contrasts of the
white, red, and black all work well and make it look clear. They are also
colours that contrast well when set out the right way. The webpage is set out
very clear and each individual tab is very easy to find. It is quite detailed
and gives you enough information to allow you to know what the website is
about. It is simply made to educate you about the record company, and tell you
that they do cater for big artists like Miley Cyrus, Britney Spears and Justin
Timberlake. The whole point of the website is to educate the audience, and tell
them more information about the website. It speaks to the audience is a
particular tone, it’s simply written within a normal persons vocabulary. It speaks
to the audience by the artists it has, and by the data it has behind it. It
shows how well the company does; and the success behind the company, and how
they’ve grown so much.
The website
ranges out very well and easily identifies the audience that is mainly based
out. By the artists for starters, it rounds out mostly at the pop-music fans
for most of the artists. This will be main audience for the three biggest
artists on there: Miley, Britney and Justin. Sony will for these three, gain an
audience. They will then educate them about the record company. It is very
smartly done, as they identify and predict the people who will visit the
website most frequently.
SONY are
anticipating this text mainly on similar companies, and people in the media and
music industry. I can tell this because of how they text is set out, it
promotes the band in the best well possible; this is an up-side to the website
because it makes people want to join the SONY team and work with the featured
artists that they have there. SONY have used the target audience at their
advantage, as everything is set out more based on a typically young-based
audience. By using the sliding header with the different featured artists at
the top this pulls the audience in, as it allows them to see who SONY are
supporting; by media students seeing big artists like “Justin Timberlake”,
“Britney Spears”, and “Miley Cyrus” it allows them to think of going further
into this kind of business, and along with this kind of company.
SONY know that
they are a big company, and they know who they are targeted towards as being in
the big “music and media” limelight; they use this in an advantage to pull
newbies who want to join the media and music business and tell them more
information about themselves. They promote themselves in the best way possible
and get more support from other companies who want to be advertised by them,
and gain fans of people who want to work in a big music production company.
They
anticipate that the audience for the website will be somewhat between the ages
of about 16-30. This is the main audience they would go out to because these
would be the people who are more modern and into new music. They would probably
narrow this down even more and try and aim the website at more of a middle-class
range of people; as these would be the people who like the music, and would
probably go out and get a single or album as they enjoy the music so much. They
probably branch out to both genders from this website, but I slightly think
more to females as the artists or have a very large female fan-base. The
website has cleverly used these people to aim the website too, as they believe
these would be the kind of people who would be interested in Sony Music
Company; they have used this to an advantage to set out the website layout to
fit the audience of which they would anticipate would go and have a look at
their website. They would like to present themselves as a company which
breaches out to the middle-class people.
The next
production company for a music record label I have researched for is Universal
Music Group. This record company is a very popular music company with big stars
such as: Demi Lovato Katy Perry, Eminem and Lady Gaga being some of the artists
involved with them. In ranges mainly for four different genres of music this
being Pop/Rock, Hip Hop, Latin and Country music.
This website
is firstly in place to educate people about the music record company. It
promotes itself for upcoming artists to come and look at. It is a hugely
successful record company, and it caters towards a lot of big artists at the
moment. It is a very devoted record company, and its aim is to make new
upcoming artists successful.
The website
is very detailed and looks quite modern. This allows me to think that they base
the audience of this record company of people who listen to more recent modern
music. It simply shows us that the media researchers look into the target
audience; and then from this base the record company around this target
audience and how the company can aim to please them with what they can allow
the audience to enjoy i.e. tours, singles, albums etc.
The layout
of the website is very professionally made. It is set out in a way which makes
it easy to look out. It is presented in a very suitable way. The sub-titles
which are also are links are – Home Button, Artists, News, Labels, Our Company
and Shop. The website has very carefully placed these at the top of the page so
that it is the first thing that the audience looks at. The way they have used
e-media looks quite professionally done; it is presented as if it were aimed at
again, a more modern audience. This ranging from a range of probably 16-30
again.
The audience
is address in a very professional and clear manner. The way they present the
website is in a very formal manner. It simply educates the user who is checking
the website about the record company; the text is set out simply and is very
easy to read. By using the social media section on the website it also
addresses the audience’s attention. It does this by aiming it more at people
who can tweet or write a status about it; and persuade more people to look into
this company.
The text
seems as if it is aimed at younger adult audience, the way it is also set out
with social media connected to the website is also very skilfully done. I like
how the website is made so that it allows you to see all of the artists that
the company cater for; and I like the idea of linking it to the celebrity’s
tweets as it shows that the website is professional, and very well made. I also
like how the website is presented with news on the front page. I think that
makes it clear of how they update regularly and that they are a company which
are doing well with the artists they have signed to be under the record label
‘Universal Music Group’.
The audience
is presented in a way of which the company knows who be the people they would
want, or would most likely anticipate the Universal Music Group web-page. The
company definitely has a target-audience in mind of whom they approach and
based the website upon.
The audience
is probably based upon the middle-class or slightly upper-class again. The
record label wants the people who have the money to pay for the singles,
albums, tours and everything other little thing that one of the artists does.
This record company has solemnly focused very well with the target audience
that they usually portray for; they have made themselves and approached from
like the SONY music, and other music record company labels and seen what the
main target audience for music is usually. This then allows them to build the
music record company around this target audience so that artists want to join
it, and fans enjoy what the label does for the artists, for them.
Another
record company I have researched about is SYCO (Simon Cowell Online.Com) this
is a British based music record company label. It caters for artists of mainly
on the genre of pop. Some of the artists that come under this record label are:
One Direction, Emblem 3, Fifth Harmony, and Olly Murs. These record label is
especially popular for people who enjoying watching TV shows such as: X factor,
Britain’s Got Talent and X Factor USA.
Simon Cowell
is a very well-known celebrity, as of this many people know he has his own
record label which he caters his different artists at. I would say that this
record company companies for a wider range of artists as it has “One
Direction”, “Fifth Harmony”, “Little Mix” and “Emblem 3” these would typically
go towards a younger audience, and maybe a slightly younger adult audience.
Whereas somebody like “Susan Boyle” would go out towards a much older audience
or fan-base, as you wouldn't really see someone of 10 years old listening to
her.
The purpose
of this website is to basically promote the up-coming artists that SYCO has,
and present them out to the music industry. They also use this website to
educate the audience about the new artists. SYCO cleverly use this website as
an advantage to show the audience what artists they have to offer to the world,
all of which are listed on the first scrolling screen and quite well known;
especially to a typically younger audience of people. SYCO has used the data
and catered this website for the target-audience of which the artists
fan-bases’ are most typically.
The audience
are firstly address in a formal manner. I would say that the audience for this
website would typically be for someone who is a younger range of the audience
as the way the layout is set out is towards someone of a younger age. I would
say that it is addressed from people of 10-20 years old. I believe this is
because the ‘news’ update mainly talks about the success of one direction; and
not typically how well the record company is doing. The artists of which are
mainly on there are also one which would usually cater towards younger
audiences. The audience are addressed in quite simple English, it is quite
formal and quite simple. It gives simple data about how well some of the acts
are doing from this label, and slightly tells you more about the company itself.
The way it
is presented by e-media isn’t’ as professional as the other two I have
researched. It seems to slightly slack the as professional layout as its
competitors. But on the upside the way it is presented is quite simply, all the
tabs are accessible and it gives you the information you need to know about the
different artists, the new updates about the artists and whom the company
caters for. I like how it tells you about the success of One Direction, as I
think that this shows that the company is proud of what the boys have done
since X factor in 2010 to now.
The audience
is identified by mostly the kind of music they listen to. I would say that this
website aims at a slightly younger audience as most of the acts are quite young
themselves. By being of the genre of pop it gives it a wide range of a younger
audience; as this is the music which is mostly played of music channels instead
of genres such as country, heavy rock, metal, punk etc. I think this is what
gives SYCO a little bit of edge in the record company competitors; as it
concentrates on one single genre of music and then does the best it can with
focusing on what they can do to push these genre even further.
The layout
is well-made, but not the best one I’ve seen alongside its competitors; but as
the target audience is aimed at a younger audience. The vital object of the
website is probably the images sliding, as this shows the production of who the
site is working within. This allows the audience to see what musicians that the
company work with. In this case it is some quite big artists like One Direction
and Little Mix; this would also pull people into reading about these different
groups. People who tend to like the genre of POP mainly might visit this site
to find and catch new information about their favourite artists; this is
probably the second kind of audience that the website is typically trying to
aim the website scheme out at.
The audience
of this web-page and record company can also be identified with the artists. By
using one of the biggest boy bands such as One Direction, it drags the most
typically younger audience to know about the label of which they are on. So
from this data SYCO knows who to base the website upon as they can see from the
bands they put out; 1) who the largest target audience is, and 2) the gender of
the fan-bases from the different artists. They would use this information quite
wisely, and from this use the record company web-page for their advantage
aiming it at the people who would be most likely to read it.
I believe
SYCO know who the record company is aimed mostly at, and have used this to a
great advantage. They know that typically they have a younger audience, mixed
from all classes; as most of the acts which are processed onto the label are
from reality TV shows either from the UK or the USA. SYCO have found out that
the main target audience for the site they have is most commonly teenagers who
are interested in the new most modern music and girl-bands, and boy-bands. They
know the teenagers who vary between all the different classes from lower-class
to upper-class, will but the artists singles, albums and be a dedicated fan to
them. They have used the reality TV
shows as a border-line to see how well these acts would do in the real-world;
and from these they have found out the information, and the facts and figures
of the target audience.
From processing all this information they have focused
the SYCO music company record label for a more typically younger audience as
these would be the people who would most likely visit the website to see the
latest updates. SYCO have very carefully
used this information to base the text upon for the website.
We can tell
that the text is supported and promoted for more of a younger audience by the
way it is written. It is simply and foremost presented in a way which allows us
to quickly pick up the audience of who SYCO anticipate to use the site. They
have very cleverly used this site to an advantage point and hit a lot of
points, by making the audience very clear; and targeting it more with the
audience to pull the websites viewers in.
Looking
deeper into audiences for Nu-Tunes Records:
In task 3 I
have been asked to research different music videos and different music genres
to typically see where the Nu-Tunes record company would fit in more generally
in the music industry. The band, or even singer that I have created will need
to find its place in the market; by looking at different music genres from
music videos this will allow me to see where I want it to place them.
I am firstly
going to look at 5 Seconds of summer’s music video name Try Hard:
The genre of
the band “5 Seconds of summer” is pop/rock. The typical audience for this band
is mainly an audience of girls ageing from probably around 10-20 years old. The
genre of pop/rock is something which isn’t seen as much on the music channels
as that usually covers full on POP or RnB. I definitely think that there is a
gap in the music industry for the genre of Pop/Rock as there hasn’t been a new
artists placed in that genre for quite a while; the newest that I know of is 5
Seconds of summer. I have chosen this
music video in particularly as it is quite a quirky music video as most of it
is set in Blackpool Pleasure Beach; this relates to the audience as the
audience typically from England may know that this is quite a popular
destination; and this band are quite young themselves so they could relate to
the fun of the fair with them.
The Vamps
music-video is also one that a genre could fit into. The music video for ‘Can
We Dance’, is also one that fits the audience of teenage girls. The band is a
new-ish band that fits in the genre of pop/indie. They are portrayed into this
genre because of the music they produce to the audience; they fit into the
younger audience of 10-20 years old. The
music video is again very quirky with a lot of colour used in it; the colours
represent the youth of the band and how they are just a typical normal young
band; they aren't trying to act old; they are being vibrant and acting their
age. This is appealing to the younger audience as it draws their attention to
the band as they have that acting young vibe to the band; they are typically
just acting their age. They are appealing to the audience and there is
definitely a place in the market for a band, or even a solo artists to fit into
this genre of music. It is different, and they are actually the first band
recently that I know have joined into the mix between the two different genres
of music.
I really enjoy this band’s music, it is
upbeat, catchy and enjoyable it definitely is aimed at a younger from the way
it is portrayed both through the lyrics of the song itself, yet also the music
video; the fans that this band wants is definitely a younger audience as that
is what gets music more into the mainstream now-a-days. I would say the band is
more so aimed at girls, but they do have a fair couple of boy fans as well. The
genre isn’t very wildly known as they aren't full on pop; they’re slightly
indie in some of the songs they produce which fits them into two genres at
once. This band fits into a genre which most other artists can’t really sit
between; so with the two genres mixed together it gives the music more of a
different vibe as they can mix it between the two different types of music;
this depending on what the song is.
I really
like that they have used two different styles as I believe it makes the band
more unique and different as the songs they can produce can sound more unique
as they are using the mix of both genres of music. I overall think that the
audience enjoy this genre as it is different yet still in the mainstream string
of things; it is the kind of music that you would most likely see on popular
music chart shows; so it does fit in with the mainstream music genre; but some
of the songs maybe not that particular one do have a more edgy sound to them.
The audience is quite a wide-spread audience for this particular group “The
Vamps” – as mainly girls enjoy the music they produce, and are fans of the boys
themselves. The age range isn’t very spread across the border as they are
typically aimed at younger aged audience; which is a pretty big audience as now
a days most new artists in the charts, or even bands in the charts typically
have fans aged 10-20 years old on the average.
The third
music-video I have looked at for my research is: Fifth Harmony – Miss Movin’
On. I have chosen to
research on this girl-band as they are very modern and new. The music-video is
set out in a theme park again; this kind of theme running in the favour of the
band being quite youthful and young and particularly just enjoying life as it
comes at them. Being at quite a young-age it also attracts more fans to them as
they’re youthful and the audience can relate to them a bit more. So in all
honesty the youthful aspect of which the band is portraying to the audience
comes across in all the videos I have looked at.
The style of
the music-video with all the colours and lighting and the band themselves are
purposely made to look quite youthful as they are all dressed quite vibrant to
match in with the theme of being young. I like the theme of the video, as it
keeps the audience aware of they are portraying themselves a band. The audience
they are looking for is just mainly younger fans from about 10-20 years old as
this is the age-range which is more in the modern state of music; and typically
listen to more POP music than any other kind of age-ranges.
The
music-video is set out in the right way to go out to the audience as they’ll
connect that the band is trying to portray how you should just keep on going
without giving up. It typically it just another girl-band video which fits into
the genre of having the younger audience; and showing the young and vibrant
lives of these teenagers and the people in the younger twenties. All the
audience that these kind of boy bands and girl bands portray it more like the
audience that I may want to use to set my Nu-Tunes audience at this kind of
age-range; as it is one that most people, fall into more simply.
I believe
there is a gap in the market for a singer or band of this kind of genre as the
audience is always pulling more and more bands and singers into it. It is quite
a wide-range of audience as can contain many genres of music i.e. probably
mainly POP, RnB, Rock and indie can all come under the genre of looking to aim a
singer or even a band at a younger audience. I believe the audience I have
chosen to go for is one of which is both youthful, and more easy to set things
for as I know more about the age-range of mainly POP music than any other kind
of different audiences for different genres of music.
E-Media:
Furthermore
for my research I have looked at different bands websites. These have then
allowed me to see the insight to what the band is actually like, and who the
audience for the band are. I have chosen
that for my brief of Nu-Tunes Records that I am going to base my coursework on
mainly e-media and print; as I believe these are the one’s which will be most
beneficial for me to work with during my coursework as I knows bits about what
to do for each one.
I have chosen
to look at ‘The Vamps’ band page, as this is one that I have known about for
quite a few months. I think the page looks professional, and it tells you an
efficient amount of information about the band and the different things they
are doing. I like how the website is set out with all the sub-headings, as you
can individually click the link and it will take you and allow you to know more
information about The Vamps.
The colour
scheme of the website is very clear and consist, everything suits in with the
colours of blue and white. This is an advantage because it makes the website
look clear, as everything is easy enough to read. I also think the website look
good because the way it is structured; the idea of the twitters going across
the middle of the picture is quite interesting, and it is actually quite a good
idea. It looks quite quirky and individual, so it fits in well with the band
themselves.
The writing
is bold, and stands out. It is in a big enough font to read throughout the
website and suits along with everything else. I believe that have this kind of
text has been an advantage for The Vamps official homepage, as it has allowed
the website to look very professional and fit into the all the other themes
that the website conveys.
Further down
the website they have a list of all the events that they are doing, mostly in
this month. I think that having this is a good idea because it allows the fans
to see what is going on with the band over the next few coming weeks. It also
has listed some of the tours they are doing, and some of the Christmas events
of which they are helping out at. This is a very good idea as the schedule lets
the audience, or even the fans see what The Vamps are up too; this is
especially helpful when the band are doing tours, as the fans can see where it
will be at, what time, and what location. The idea of having this schedule
planned onto the official website is a great idea, and it also fits in with the
scheme of showing how busy the band is – which automatically shows that they've been doing a lot this year, as they only started the band properly in about
January or February.
The website
more skilfully allows the audience to interact with it. I guess this is good
because it allows the audience to see how modern the band is as there are quite
a lot of interactive videos, images, and other website links available to watch
from the website itself. I believe it makes it a lot more appealing to the
audience, as it does portray that ever so faithful youthful looking website
layout.
The main
focus that I am going to try and portray through Nu-Tunes is the audience. I am
thinking at the moment that to fit into a youthful theme it should typically be
someone of the age of what I am myself; this is relate-able to the audience
because it allows them to feel the singer/band on a more personal level as they
know what it would be like for someone of their age to be right in with the
music business.
I believe that if I tweak with certain aspects here and there
while creating my own research on what I am going to do for my coursework
itself then it should be alright to do. I believe the website portrays the artist in a
good way and it uses a good sense of e-media to fit in with the modern era of
the band; it is very effectively made and uses the promotion of the band as an
advantage from it. It tells older fans newer news about the band, yet also
provides all the information that a new fan would like to recall on the band of
which they might have missed out on before. The e-media state of it very well
created; and it looks very professionally created. I would some-what like to
base my coursework for the e-media on something such as ‘The Vamps’ band
website.
The next
website I am going to look at to base my e-media task is the ‘One Direction’
website. The target audience for the website is most likely aimed at a more
girly audience as they are a boy band. The website is set out very clearly so a
fan of the band can find out any information that they would like to know about
the band.
Very clearly
listed in the red section are the different sub-headings of which you can press
which will lead onto the next page of which you wish to visit. This is very
appropriate for the people viewing the website as it allows them to see what
they want. It looks very professionally made, and very clear. It promotes the
band successfully, and at this moment in time it works well with what album
they are trying to promote; so it fits in with the theme of that.
The colours
all contrast well with one another; and every little section is clear. You can
clearly see where the video is listed for the audience to watch; and where the
I-Tunes section is listed so the audience can go and buy the latest singles or
albums of which the band are releasing.
This piece
of e-media clearly approaches its target audience with the text used throughout
the websites different pages; the images, the videos and the different
sections. It is a well-produced e-media section and clearly suits the target
audience it is intended for. The design is clear and suits well with the theme
of aiming the website at a typically younger target audience. I really like the
design of the website and while doing my coursework for the type of e-media I
will look back on this web-page and use some of the better features from it to
make my website for Nu-Tunes look sort of like this way in the best way that it
can be.
The third
website I have looked at while researching is: ‘The 1975’. This band fits a
slightly different theme but yet one of some-what I find interesting and
unique; so I have looked further onto the official band page to see how they
sent the website out.
I really
like the design of this website as every single part fits into the theme of
being quite dark. The black and white contrast look quite edgy and it makes a
statement about the band themselves as they class themselves as more of a
‘rock-indie’ genre of music; compared to the other two websites (or pieces of
e-media of which are mainly POP). The website looks quite simple, but it also
is quite bold. The links along the top right corner are very simple, but are
clear to see; they follow through with the idea of the band being almost in
this black and white contrast.
I like how
the band have produced this certain type of e-media solemnly based on being
unique and different from anybody else. I also like how the pictures are all
used in the same context of making the website follow through with the certain
unique touch that it carries to the audience as they are looking at it; and
viewing the different tabs on the bands.
The audience
for this kind of band I believe to mostly be one of some-what older than the
other than the other two I have looked at. I would believe the audience for a
band like ‘The 1975’ are one’s of about 20+ mainly on the basis of whom I
believe would listen to that kind of music more. This certain piece of e-media
is defiantly suits the audience it is intended for and does this very well. The
content on the actually different links throughout the website also go out to
this kind of ray of audience. The website does look very professional, yet I
love the edgy and unique statement it represents. This piece of e-media is one
of my favourites of which I have looked out throughout the three; it is
different, stands out; and makes you look twice because it is like no other
website I have seen displayed like this before. I really like it, it is an
impress piece of e-media of which has been made.
Print:
As I have
chosen to do the print task I have been looking at different flyers which bands
use for promoting their tour. I have firstly come across the ‘Paramore’ band
flyer.
I believe that this flyer is
quite plain, and doesn't promote the band as it could possibly if more effort
was put into it. The colour scheme for the flyer itself is quite plain; the
black and white are a good contrast to use together but it looks like something
I could make quite easily when spending time on a project like that.
The logo is
quite a nice big size, so you can see who the flyer is trying to promote the
band for. I think it could work, but I believe that it could be made for an
even better way to try and promote the tour in the best way possible. I like
the font used for the band name as it is professional and uses the same scheme
of font that Paramore use to try and promote everything.
I like the
flyer, as I do think it looks unique. It suits the bands style of being quite
‘rock’ and it is a flyer which you would probably see posted around different
streets promoting the bands tour. I don’t think I would base mine on this kind
of poster because I would like mine to look more like the other two I have
researched.
But overall
it is a quite good poster, it sells the bands tour well; and I like how they
have followed the scheme of being different and quite ‘rock’. I think it suits
the bands style, and promotes the band well. The tour design is good, but I
believe it could be improved to sell the tour more to a range of different
audiences.
The second flyer I have looked at is a more recent one. The
bands Busted and Mcfly have made a tour together and named it ‘McBusted’. The
tour flyer is something of which I would like to base the flyer I make for my
band on. I want to try and recreate something like this poster because it
stands out, it is quite quirky and people would take notice of it.
I firstly really like the colour scheme of this tour flyer
as I think it matches the original bands logos ‘Busted’ being in red and
‘MCFLY’ being in black. It does look
very professional and one of which I would like to base my print work for
Nu-Tunes on.
The image stands out as it shows who the band(s) are; and it
also follow the scheme and house-colour of the red, black and white. The logo
is a big enough size so it stands out against the white background. I also
quite like the “ultimate super group!” they’ve added as a slogan is catches the
audience’s attention quite well.
I would say that this flyer for the McBusted tour is aimed
at people around 15-20 years old; as this is the age-group of which both would
have saw these bands on their TV screens when they were growing up; so from
this I believe that they are aiming at still quite a young audience with this
tour, but somewhat more of the still growing up into adults kind of genre.
It is presented very skilfully, and it is one that I would
like to base my Nu-Tunes Records artist on. It stands out, it’s simple; and
everything is clear; yet the image is quirky and the name of the bands is
quirky; it also shows the dates for each show – so concluding it just has
everything that a tour flyer should to present to the audience when promoting
for a new and upcoming tour.
The last tour flyer I have researched and found is ‘The 1975’
UK Tour Flyer. This band has kept up the consistency of the black and white
contrast scheme; and have done with all the different websites, flyers, and
posters that they have done.
The tour flyer itself is simple, but I quite like that
concept as it fits in with every other product that they have produced. The
title looks great, and it is very eye-catching because it looks like lights of
which you would find at maybe a gig.
The border around the listed gigs is quite unique, as the
flyer itself looks like it’s something of which you would see at a train
station or a bus stop. It looks different, as the light looks like its shining
from the flyer while the outside of the main part of the flyer looks like its
misting up into darkness. The font saying the tour dates is suitable, the dates
could maybe be enlarged a little; so then it allows people to see it bigger, to
see if they can attend the date it takes place on.
I believe the audience is aimed for a young-adult kind of
audience as they are generally more in with the modern era of music. I like the
idea of the flyer being individual, just like this one. I probably will base my
flyer off this one; generally with the idea of making it stand out and be
unique and different; as it’s eye-catching and grabs people’s attention. It is
well produced, and the contrast works well; as the band are more edgy and
different.





















No comments:
Post a Comment