Thursday, 3 April 2014

_______________________________________________________________________________

As I haven't updated my blog in a few lessons I thought I would do it now, to provide more information on what I've been doing in the past few lessons. This blog post may be quite long in advance!
_________________________________________________________________________________

Since my last blog post I have changed the website programme I was using  I started off using 'Dreamweaver'. This worked well for quite a while, and it all was working perfectly except for in one lesson when one the links broke on the template; as I'm not a pro and using 'Dreamweaver' I had no idea how to fix it, or how to make a solution come from it. The pages all worked except one and every time I tried to fix it something else went wrong, further leading onto more inconveniences with my 'Dreamweaver' website.

During a lesson I heard 'Adobe Muse' was a programme of which you could make a website upon. This further allowed me to search up 'Adobe Muse' on Google when I got home later that night. After reading up on it, I downloaded it; mostly just to see what I could do with it at this point. I looked up different tutorials, and webpages which allowed me to explore 'Adobe Muse' further, it allowed me to see how I could set everything out on it, and how it worked.

I have began to make my website off 'Adobe Muse' now because it is a lot easier to get to grips with then 'Dreamweaver'. First of all my layout is now a lot better, without any tabled templates gathered around it; this firstly made it to look a lot more professional than the 'Dreamweaver' one ever did. I have tested all the '3' links at the top of my page 'Homepage', 'Information' and 'Tours and Events' and all of these alike work together whenever you press one of them to get onto the next page. I have clearly made my two coursework's consistent by using the same colour scheme of 'Black and White' clearly indicating that the 'image' of my artist Emmah' is pushed towards the more serious side of music, in this case the style of the 'Indie' music genre.

At home I have been working hard for the last few weeks tweaking different parts of my website everyday. This has allowed me to further empathises more in text about my artists, definitely more than what I had wrote on 'Dreamweaver', and it has also allowed me to apply different widgets to put onto the website, which I couldn't of done properly on my other site.

During lessons I have been thoroughly researching different techniques and webpages of which I have been using to read up on 'Adobe Muse' and how the production from it works. I have been applying these techniques with the time I have had at home to further advance my website further. I have also been looking at different homepages like 'The Vamps' and 'The 1975' and I have took inspiration for my work on a couple of these, especially with 'The 1975' as the colour-scheme, and the type of artist I based Emmah' upon is mostly based upon this band. By over-looking different singers and bands who mostly fall in the genre of 'Indie' it has allowed me to get more tricks and tips to set out the text, and how they speak to their audiences etc.

In my honest opinion I think 'Adobe Muse' works a lot better for me to use, not only has it allowed me to do more; but the whole production of using it has been a lot easier to do. All my links are working, I have a lot of texts on the different webpages, and I finally have it up and working correctly; I have already tested the link; of which is working, but tonight I am going to further edit the website to see if I can advance it anymore; then finally I am going to send the link in for it later tonight.

I have decided to set it out a little differently to others so it has more of an edgy style to it. The format looks somewhat like a 'Newspaper', and this follows through to all the different webpages on the site. It works well together, and it suits the different images and texts on the website. The colour scheme or somewhat can be known as the 'house style of the website is consistent all the way through the different pages, and it all suits the genre of which it is following this being a somewhat mostly indie, minor rock genre overall.

I have found 'Adobe Muse' a lot easier to use, and it has allowed me to express my coursework in a much easier way, yet it still looks more professional than my 'Dreamweaver' one ever did while working on it in lessons. As I have worked on both I can see a huge difference on how better this site looks to the last one. My pages mostly my 'homepage' are full to the brim of text explaining Emmah', whereas on 'Dreamweaver' it wouldn't even centre the text properly. I definitely enjoyed using 'Adobe Muse' for my coursework, as it has allowed me to successfully create a much better website for my Media A-Level Coursework for 'E-Media'.
_________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment