Tuesday, 18 March 2014

Over the last couple of weeks while working on the 2nd piece for the Media Course - NuTunes Reconds - I have started to create, and construct a website; all by myself. It isn't 100% finished yet, but below are some print-screens of the work I have done so far. I still need to check all the links (and maybe change one) - and right out the text across the pages; maybe adding something at the side which is blank if I have time.

But these print-screens basically just show what I have done so far with the project of  'making a website'. All the codes, and things below are all done just individually; with no help at all. 

I have still tried to go on the lines of using the 'blank and white' backgrounds/borders etc, as it suits the style of indie with inspiration of this from 'The 1975's official website. They are also categorised into the "Indie, so I have used some ideas from them, and several other artists on how to fix up the website appropriately.

Below I have just basically print-screened different parts of the 'website' to show how it is coming along, one page at a time. I am still working on it, during media lessons, and sometimes after-school in the library; as these are the only times I can access 'Dream Weaver' - as I don't have this specific installment at home.

(This is a print-screen of the 'Tour and Events' page!) - I have started to list the text to give the audience information on where the tours will be (all O2 academy) - with the dates; at the bottom of this page I will also add O2 information, along with FAQs, and then some event information.

This print-screen shows the coding, and the information page; in the mix of editing it all together. It is yet to still be completed, but I will be working on it as much as I can over the next few lessons.


The print-screen below shows the main 'index'/'homepage' which is in the mix of still being edited with the text. I have written something on it, but it still needs to have quite a bit more information placed on there. As it is the main 'home-page' it has to pull the audience in to getting to know about Emmah's journey with the music industry, how much she loves her fans etc.

Over the last few lessons I have also been looking at different 'main-pages' from other bands, and artists to see how they introduce the artist into the music industry world. I have took inspiration firstly from 'The Vamps' of whom liked to be placed into the 'Indie/Pop' era of the music genres. By researching alongside bands like them it then allows me to try and focus on specific points while talking about Emmah, and also as being the person showing her "music" off to the world; it has to be persuading enough to the audience to read about her life, her journey, her music etc.

In this print-scree you may also be able to see I have copy-righted the website to my name. After researching through different artists and bands it has come to terms that most website designers do this to copy-right the work they have done, so somebody else can't steal it; or say that they have done it. By providing the (C) and 2014 it shows when the website is made, and by whom it was made by. It is something you would see on professionally made websites.


The final print-screen I have added is this flash animation of which I have edited, and some-what made. I have embedded the code from it into the website, and the animation works at the bottom of the whole web-site; further and hopefully pulling people to find out that her new single is out, followed by her album etc. I think using this is quite a nice idea as it promotes her music more. It also stands out because the website is basically black-and-white and typical followed by the genre of being quite a 'indie' artist; by having something at the bottom stand it, it drags your attention to it. It also allows new fans, and old fans alike to see how her new music is 'OUT NOW' so they can get it if they wish.


I still haven't finished my whole website yet, and I still have to make slight changes with some of the texts; but the overall construction is almost done to it; it's just the case of adding a few more things into it to make it catch the audiences appeal more. I have done slightly more than what is print-screened onto my blog, but I am still working on it at the moment. I started with the bases of creating the tables, then the pages, then the links, then getting the images into it, then researching how to make it better etc. I have researched a lot into how different peoples website look, or how they differ depending on the genre of the person. I have followed a plan to focus on it looking more ordinary, and indie; as if it was POP the colours would stand out more, and the website would look more vibrant. As I am making the website 'Indie' the website needs to be quite straight-forward, and more dull in colour; if you look at bands, artists and websites to do with the Indie genre a lot of them will look some-what along the lines of what I have used for my work i.e. with the colours, the structure, the links, the image placement etc.

I will use my next few 'coursework' lessons, and some lessons in my own time 'after-school' to get it done as much as I possibly can, in the time I still have left; but this is basically what I have been doing during the lessons while working on this. It started from scratch, and I have built it into a website myself. All I need to do now is edit it further, check the links, and then finally process it into the right link to make it a running website.

No comments:

Post a Comment