Thursday, 19 September 2013

Logo Research
For my brief I have chosen ‘Nu-tune Records’. The research task I have been set is to look at different record and music company logos and see what is so effective about them. 

Effective logos: Effective logos are one's that promote the product in the best way possible - I have been asked for my research task to create a brand logo for Nu-tune Records in the music brief.

Successful logos are ones such as ‘SONY’. This is probably one of the most famous brand music logos, as it is known all around the world. It is creative as it has a different vibe to any other one which is just words for example, the red swoosh is eye-catching. The logo is different, and this is a factor which probably makes it a more successful logo. It is effective because it is simple and remember able, as it is used on all SONY products.
 Another creative logo I’ve found is the Sonica logo. It is an eye-catching logo and is very different from any other one’s I’ve found. The guitar used in the logo is unique. The audience from this is probably guitar playing people as the logo has a guitar in it. The target audience is probably an older range then the company such as Sony, who are based more at a younger based audience. This is an effective logo because the guitar going through the ‘S’ is unique and people will remember seeing it, and remembering the logo.
The logo for the record-label ‘Music Splash’ – is a very creative logo and is more detailed; then some others I have seen. This logo is very unique and pulls in a different audience then some others do. The music splash logo is creative as it uses like ‘record’ for the main product, a colour scheme which works well with each other, and the details around edge of the record disk. I believe the audience for this music splash is probably a younger audience as it looks more for a teenage/young adult audience – rather than for an older adult audience. I think that this logo is effective because the logo is colourful and eye-catching so people should remember it because of that; as well as it being based on a younger adult audience.


I have researched the internet, and found a lot of different band logos – one which particularly stands out is ‘The Rolling Stones’ logo. I think this logo stands out as unlike just the name of the band it just uses a mouth with a tongue sticking out. I like the colour scheme of red, white and black and I think it stands out from other bands logos. The tongue sticking out could signify that the band doesn't care what anybody thinks of them, and they just do what they do. I think that it has a strong message behind the logo, and this is why it is one of the logos which has stood out for years, and stuck out for me; as the logo is different, but at the same times look nice. I think that this piece of logo is effective because it shows the bands hidden meanings behind it; as well as being quite quirky and remember able.

Through re-searching I have also found another band logo which stands out. The ‘Lawson’ logo, is pretty cool as it has used the word ‘Lawson’ but the ‘A’ is unique and underlines the rest of the logo. I like this logo as I think it looks quite simple, but at the same time it stands out against other logos which are simply just the word without any effects added to them. The ‘A’ in ‘Lawson’ particularly stands out to me as it looks like a bridge to cross, and after becoming a band they've gone up in the world, and have conquered that bridge. I think that this logo is quite effective because it shows the arch in the ‘A’, and looks quite eye-catching.

I particularly like the GUNS’N’ROSES’ band logo. I like the effect of how it is different from any others I have seen throughout researching. I like the colour scheme of it, and the effect of the guns, and roses put together. The details of the rose across the guns makes it seem like the band are loud and passionate about the music they make. The circular design of the coin-looking shape is efficient and works well – and you could interpret that, that they are getting money for doing what they love best. The logo looks efficient and shows how they go about with the music they produce. I particularly like this logo as it is very different, yet still looks quite pretty at the same time; it reaches out to both genders “guns” for more a male fan base, and “roses” for a more feminine fan base. I think that this logo is effective because it is remarkable, very well made and has a pretty design to it.



The ‘Little Mix’ logo is quite a pretty interesting one. I especially like the details on the bottom of this logo as each represents each girl in the band. I like the bottom banner because I think it looks quite cute and girly. I like the purple and white contrast as this also stands out – both also quite girly colours for a more girl-like fan base that they have following them. The bow, stereo, baseball cap and star all stand our separately and make the logo that little much better than it would be with just the words scattered across whatever product they are selling. I think that this logo is remember able as it looks quite cute and girly, so it would probably aim at a younger female audience (10-15 years of age).


 Another logo I have found which I quite like is the After Romeo one. They have simply just wrote the word After Romeo but used the ‘R’ for the word after and the R for the word Romeo. I think this looks quite unique and special as I have saw anybody else in the music business do this before, as they've combined both words into one. The only dislike I have about this logo is that the contrast of the colour purple is with another purple colour. I believe that this could be changed to maybe a white font for the writing and a purple background as this would stand out more too. I think this logo is quite remember able, as it stands out from any other one I have seen before. I like the way that the R is joining together – because it’s like saying the band has joined forces together and all 5 band members are now connected as one.

Another logo which is quite eye-catching is the ‘Emblem 3’ logo. I firstly saw this one and thought it stood out quite a lot compared to some other ones I've saw. It’s quite a simple logo, yet I find it quite an interesting one to look at. I like how it looks like the ‘E’ and the ‘3’ have reflected so it just looks like a mirror image. We could interpret that it shows equality throughout the group, so the group is equal when writing the songs, singing the songs and producing the band and making them better as a whole. I think the colour contrast is quite nice, but I think it may seem a little dull to some people – so to be a bit more of a lighter colour, could maybe make it slightly better. I do really like the simple contrast of the ‘E’ and ‘3’ though. It stands out, looks good – yet at the same time finds in with the band’s name, and what kind of music they produce. I think that this logo is effective because for one, it looks unique; and I like the way it’s reflected and shows equality on both sides; and also because it is quite simple and people would be able to remember the logo quite easily.





1 comment: